Heart failure is a condition in which the heart is not strong enough to pump as much oxygenated blood as the body needs. As the body gets less oxygen, the classic symptoms of heart failure begin to show: shortness of breath, fatigue, rapid heartbeat, swelling in the legs, and fluid retention.
But the physiological symptoms are just part of the problem of heart failure. Psychologically, heart failure is associated with depression, anxiety, stress, all of which cause even more damage to the heart.
In addition, psychological conditions make people less able to take care of themselves; people suffering from depression or anxiety are less capable of maintaining therapeutic life changes, such as healthy diet and exercise, which are crucial to managing heart failure.
For that reason, an important component of heart failure treatment is treating these negative emotions. Cardiac rehabilitation focuses not only on the physical aspects of the disease, but also includes group or individual counseling to manage the anxious fear of the future, sense of isolation, and stress that accompany heart failure.
· Reduces hospital readmissions and patient length of stay
· Maximizes ability for patient to regain ADL skills and independence
· Offers 24/7/365 physician coverage through on-site staff and advanced telemedicine program
· Has an on-site sleep study program to unlock Medicare benefit for Bipap utilization upon discharge
· Offers STAT availability of Labs, X-Ray and other diagnostic tools
Our Outcomes & Capabilities include:
· Cardiologist and pulmonologist on site daily for immediate intervention
· Specialized rehab & nursing protocols developed in partnership with leading cardiologists & pulmonologists
· A plan proven to prevent readmission to the hospital and improve patient independence and functionality
· Regular Communication Between Patient, Family, Staff & Physicians
· Collaborative care planning with other physician & therapy specialists
· Advanced staff education & training
· Transitional care nurse & enhanced discharge-to-home process
· Follow-up home visit within 24-48 hours
· Educational material provided to patients & families
We offer the very best of care in a patient-centered environment. This means always listening to our residents and patients and respecting their capabilities, while helping them to achieve maximum functionality and independence. And always maintaining the highest professional and quality standards in our staff and our facilities. Our 25 years of excellent care have led to us being awarded a Best Nursing Homes award by US News & World Today, a 5-Star rating by USA Today, and an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, among many other awards.
Contact OUR NEW HEART AND LUNG CENTER AT REGENCY HERITAGE!